I have been dying to make another CKC Deborah since I tested it back in the fall. When I tested it, I made a regular bodice with a tulip skirt and ruffle sleeve and also a babydoll bodice with a tulip skirt.
Pinterest has so many amazing maxi dresses floating around and I was wanting one. I turned to my trusty CKC Deborah pattern since it is one of the most versatile that I own. There truly are so many options in this pattern.
This time I used the babydoll bodice, maxi length (adjusted for my height), and 3/4 length sleeves. I am amazed with how this turned out. I used some beautiful double brushed poly from So Sew English Fabrics. The Esther in Red/Denim turned this into the most beautiful dress and it turned out as exactly as I imagined it. Since I used some of this fabric for another garment, I was scared that I wouldn’t have enough but I managed to squeeze this dress out of the 2 and a half yards that I had leftover.
I had a lot of fun with this photoshoot. Red is one of the hardest colors to photograph but I think I edited this just enough so that it doesn’t hurt your eyes. Here are more photos of my first Deborah and this one.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed reading about my newest dress…the CKC Deborah.