****This blog post contains affiliate links and the writer may receive compensation.
Welcome to the Ellie and Mac Get Ready for Spring Blog Tour hosted by Seams Sew Lo! Today, I am featuring the Dashing Dress. This dress features a peter pan collar and a beautifully flowy gathered skirt as well as your choice of 3/4 or long sleeve. The Dashing Dress is available in sizes XXS – 3XL. You can find the pattern available for sale here.
I made the size small and it fits wonderfully without any adjustments (my measurements fall right into the small size for Ellie and Mac Patterns). Personally, I love how the waist isn’t fitted but you could easily add clear elastic to the bodice/skirt seam to pull it in for a tighter fit. I chose the 3/4 sleeves because I would like this dress to transition into spring (and maybe even summer). The fabric that I chose is light and airy enough to wear anytime.
I made this dress with a single brushed polyester fabric that I found at Hobby Lobby a few months ago. I was sweating while cutting it out because I knew I had only enough to cut one and I hadn’t seen this fabric in my recent trips to HL. I was hoping that I could get this cut out without making any cutting mistakes. Thankfully, I didn’t need to worry because I had enough with the 3 yards that I had and I didn’t make any cutting mistakes. The black is a DBP (double brushed polyester) from So Sew English. I think this dress came out wonderfully and I can’t wait to show it off.
I took a few pictures with my hair down and then I decided that it showed off the collar more if I pulled my hair up so into a bun it went. Either way this dress is perfect for a day at the office or a night out on the town.
Please visit all the stops on the Get Ready for Spring Blog Tour featuring Ellie and Mac spring sewing patterns (35% of right now), hosted by Seams Sew Lo. Do not forget to enter the giveaway below too!
- February 3rd: Seams Sew Lo (Intro)
- February 4th: Seams Sew Lo
- February 5th: Violets and Jewels
- February 6th: Threadistry
- February 7th: Mama Can Make it
- February 8th: My Crazy Crafty Beautiful Life
- February 9th: Aurora Designs
- February 10th: Flaxfield Sewing
- February 11th: Floral and Flannel
- February 12th: FABulous Home Sewn
- February 13th: Minns Things
- February 14th: Our Play Place
- February 15th: Tenille’s Thread
- February 16th: Seams Like Style
- February 17th: Hutsepruts
- February 18th: Candi Couture Designs
- February 19th: My Sewing Roots
- February 20th: Manning the Machine
- February 21st: Stitched by Jennie
- February 22nd: Kathy’s Kwilts and More
- February 23rd: Sewjourns
- February 24th: Mermaid Mama Designs
- February 25th: Fee Bricolo
- February 26th: Oak Blue Designs
- February 27th: Big Fly Notions
- February 28th: Sewing Blue